Monday 22 August 2011

Jose Canseco homer derby a hit with celebrities


Share/Bookmark
BY GEORGE JOHNSON, CALGARY HERALDIrrespective of age, achievement, tax bracket or celebrity quotient, for most of us, a latent sense of wonder, a passing-of-the-years awe, still lies just beneath the surface.
That inner kid people rhapsodize about. All it needs is tapping into.
"I grew up a big Tigers' fan,'' said Calgary Flames winger David Moss, showing his lifelong allegiance by wearing a white Detroit ballcap fashionably back-to-front. "Being a kid in Michigan, how could I be anything else? I played ball my whole life, into high school. Along with hockey, it's my favourite sport.
"I'm sure I saw Jose play (at the old Tiger Stadium) when I was younger. Absolutely. When he was with Oakland. A number of times. You remember a lot of those big home runs you saw on TV. So to be able to hang out beside him today, waiting to hit.''


Read more: Jose Canseco homer derby a hit with celebrities

No comments:

Post a Comment